What is YES I CAN?
It’s About Finally Saying YES to YOU!
The journey of life – it can be so thrilling, exciting and enlightening! We dream dreams, set goals and begin the work to make it happen.
But then… it happens.
We say yes to our spouse or significant other. We say yes to our business or our boss. We manage the house, manage the kids, manage the finances, manage everyone…. and there is NOTHING left for us! We get tired, burned out, and overwhelmed. We hit road blocks, obstacles and challenges. We feel lost, unfulfilled and begin to question IS THIS IT?
We’ve said yes to EVERYONE BUT OUR SELF!!
Does this sound like you??
“Believe You Can – and You Will.”
You may have followed my journey over the last several years. I was STUCK! Stuck in a place of unhappiness, unfulfilled… a place that left me spinning and asking “is this it?” It required serious reflection and introspection. The journey led me through pulling back the layers, getting real and being honest with myself.
My journey continues and I’m amazed each day at the experiences and people that cross my path by NO coincidence. But I had to be ready – both in my head and in your heart! I had to be ready to do the work. I had to be open to the possibility. And then, and only then, did the doors open and I could see what was right in front of me all along.
Here was the 1st key to my transformation……
I made the DECISION!
YES I CAN is NOT about the weight loss!
It’s about the WAIT LOSS!!
What are you waiting for? The longer you wait to find true happiness and fulfillment, the bigger the loss. Life is short – stop waiting!
Here’s the NEWSFLASH!!! Without working on the other challenges in my life and taking care of ME, I would not have been able to release 75 pounds. Yes, my #YESICAN goal at first was to lose weight and get healthy. But I even waited more than half my life for that!
Here were the REAL, much BIGGER challenges in my life…..
- I was hiding in my business and playing small!
- I was sabotaging my marriage!
- I was taking things personally and making assumptions!
- I was holding on to old beliefs that were holding me back!
- My business is booming!! I’m traveling and speaking all over the country and I sold both my magazines! I have become a Certified Life Coach and am now helping other women to find their YES!
- My 28 year marriage is solid, happy and vibrant! We are having FUN together!
- I’m able to release things, not taking them personally, asking questions and not making assumptions – and understanding their issues are not about me – what a great place to be!
- And yes, I’ve released 75 pounds!
- I’m 50, FABULOUS and never felt better – in so many ways!!!
BUT WHY did I WAIT??
I had used food to numb my pain, fear, doubt, guilt and shame. And while food may or may not be your coping tool, I’m pretty certain that you experience some of the same fears, doubts, guilt, and shame as I had. Like it or not, our personal struggles are very much tied to our business success – AND our business struggles can affect our personal life!
Here is What I Learned….
First – it’s about a RADICAL YES!
I liken my journey to a roller coaster ride. There were ups and downs, twists and turns, thrills and excitement! But there were common threads throughout the journey. When I pull into the “station” at the end of the ride, I want to look back with no regrets – no shoulda, woulda, coulda. I want to live all out!
So I say YES to me!
A RADICAL YES means I’m ALL IN! I’m not doing just the minimum – I’m doing everything it takes. I’m putting me first. Mediocre is NOT ok – I’m striving for excellence! I have life goals – family, business, experiential, travel, spiritual, financial – and I’m going after them!
Is it work? You bet!
Is it worth it? YES YES YES!!
Second – it’s not about “tweaking” – it’s about TRANSFORMING!
We make the little shifts, the ones that aren’t that uncomfortable. It’s doesn’t hurt much, maybe just a pinch. We can’t give it much time, so we take a few minutes. We do NOT like discomfort, uncertainty, ambiguity, or difficulty. SO WE TWEAK!
The real change comes when you are ready to TRANSFORM! You can’t make the major shifts in your life unless you are willing to do the hard work, the deep work, the uncomfortable work, the work of transforming!
Because I did it! Every day! And I continue!
I Can! I Will! I Did!
I walk my talk! I practice what I preach! And I do it EVERY SINGLE DAY!
Enough already with the smoke and mirrors!
Nothing irks me more then the coaches out there selling you a bill of goods – who can’t even do it themselves. I founded, grew and sold a 6 figure business! I have been to hell and back with my son. I have been on the edge with my husband and found our way back. I have lost and maintained a 75 pound health goal! I founded a national non-profit! I give of my time, talent and treasure. And I’m here to support you!
There are 4 core principles I discovered in YES I CAN:
- Be BIG! This is your BIG vision – in all areas of your life. The vision of you and where you want to go and who you want to be! I needed faith – in myself and my vision. I needed confidence. I had to pull back the layers and discover who I was and what I wanted from my life. I took time to enter the process and go through the discovery!
- Be BOLD! Once I understood my big vision and renewed my faith, it was time to own it. And this means stepping out and being bold. It starts with you and your confidence. One of my bold moves was to step onto stages and starting sharing my very real, raw story in a bold way that surprised many, but resonated with the masses. I had to stretch and be uncomfortable!
- Be BRIGHT! You must let your light shine. It’s about resilience. Whatever the challenges you face or obstacles you encounter, it’s being able to come back and say #YESICAN – NO MATTER WHAT!
- Be YOU!! You are like no one else. You are a masterpiece – a work of art. STOP comparing yourself to others. Step out into the world as your own original authentic self – and watch what and who you attract! You’ll be amazed!
YES I CAN has 5 Areas of Focus!
To truly create and live YOUR #YESICAN life, you need to get clear, focused and in sync with ALL areas of your life. Business, Health, Love & Relationships, Family and Leadership!
- Business: Are you an entrepreneur? Maybe you work for someone else? Whatever your “business” looks like, you need to be in alignment with the other areas of your life to find true success! How are you showing up in business? Big and bold?
- Health: Without our health, we can do nothing. Period. And we as women typically put ourselves last on this one! We take care of everyone else, giving until we have nothing left for ourselves. Whether losing weight, creating a healthier lifestyle or beating an illness, we must take care of our bodies – both physically and mentally.
- Love & Relationships: To be in a love relationship, whether married, committed or looking, you need to begin with self-love. You cannot truly love others without loving yourself. It then moves into those personal love relationships and being emotionally supported by them BUT also being or becoming emotionally available to support someone else!
- Family & Friends: I am a firm believer in my Sacred 6 and my Inner Circle. (I explain all of that in my book!) You must decide who is most important and nurture those relationships. However, that doesn’t mean you don’t need boundaries.
- Leadership: Whether a leader in your community, around the world, or just in your own backyard, you must lead from within before you can successfully lead others in any capacity.
You can read more about each of these areas with tips and stories in my best-selling book, Yes I Can: The Mindset, Mantra and Motivation for Success, OR on my blog.
I am inviting YOU to GET YOUR YES ON on…. to start your journey! Are you in??
Your #YESICAN goals may very likely be different from mine – but with my mentoring, support, accountability and the #YESICAN community, you will be encouraged to push past the doubt, the fear, the struggle and the uncertainty and strive to say #YESICAN while creating a happy, fulfilled, strategically DESIGNED #YESICAN life! Why leave it to chance? Make the decision today!